Sunday 28 May 2017

Week 8.. hope for us and dispair for others..

So we've been here 8 weeks..  we are lucky, we have people washing for us, and a fabulous cottage pie off my sister in law, we've had friends invite us for food and the botanical gardens are doing dinosaurs which is included in our yearly pass!!

Lots others aren't so lucky...

We've had the Manchester bomb..  a murderer, nothing more.. nothing less..  a mass murderer who isn't worthy of us speaking his name..   those poor families, kids.. could have been any of us, we've all been to concerts at huge venues; so they target these groups for the most impact..  why not do 'take that' a few days later???   Because a few middle age mums is quick news headlines..  kids.. makes us us more outraged.. it's more personal..  my prayers go to everyone effected that night and thanks to all that instead of running away ran to help x

I've been to cook tonight (cook as in two bags of marinated chicken and some microwave rice and veg..     but ended up sitting on the floor trying to work out people's council letters (we did eat!).
The letters are hard for us to work out.. if English isn't your first langue it's close to impossible..   I've told a lady tonight she's on the streets by Wednesday if she doesn't appeal fast enough and another who's lost the chance to appeal as she didn't understand the guideline (I've given the info I can)   Surely it wouldn't take the council  a lot to write letters In a pre-decided mother tongue?

These are people with kids 2 and under . it's not right x

I'm shocked in here daily.. there's a lady whose been here 4 1/2 months who's really struggling with her mental health.. I've given her a map and points out places that can help her maybe..  but it's an isolating place,  People who are missing meals beacause the kitchens too busy.. ,  I appreciate the hotel every day xx I appreciate people live in a constant state of stress And they are doing their best in awful situations

As for me... a recorded message from the mp about the general election, and nothing from the councillors since I've got here.  I appreciate all the help and letters that they have given in the way of letters but now feel well and truley dumped..

I've spent years encouraging the children and personally taking part in the community.. spent a good while getting 'sure start' off the ground  doing focus groups and putting the bid together..  taking my son to participate in 'TNT' the kids local news.. and him getting a community award..  but feel amazed that a few kind words couldn't be spoken in our direction when we were forced from our home. Whilst before we were evicted we had some letters but since we've been in here nothing..
Maybe they are so busy with elections, they are simply running out of day, or maybe they are well and truley sick of me!

Then we had a call..

We have been allocated a four bedroom temporary accommodation house in Newtown.
It's on the bus routes that we use so everyone can get where they need to be.  I could have kissed the man!! No curfew, cooking after 9pm.. heaven!   And as it's temporary accommodation it's furnished so no panic about furniture until the next move!!
We can't take the pets with us though, so have had a discussion about re-homing them.. a sad time but I can't take advantage of friends to that degree,

Someone hasn't thought times through.. we have to be out of the bed and breakfast by 12, with all our stuff,  we don't sign for the house till 1-45,  so we expected to spend a few hours walking or hanging round with 6 children and all our stuff?    (We are lucky we will take over a friends house for a few hours, others aren't. Imagine if it's raining so all your things get wet, so do you and your children, and you need to get all your things across the city,  as I've said I have lots of questions and no answers.  The timing bit I understand the hotel need to clean and will probably have a new family allocated to the room before we have even left. But maybe you could have a day before moving in? Or sign early morning?  I don't know..)

But I'm incredibly gratefull for the house!!  Cooking after 9 will be a novelty!


Edited to add...

I have amazing friends, they are keeping the pets for as long as needed!

And another has suggested a crowd funding page, to buy furniture when we get a forever home, I don't know.. I'm not good with asking things from people!

No comments:

Post a Comment