Sunday 21 May 2017

Food...

As a family that like food..

 one of my favourite pictures are of my (then young) hubby cooking with his dad (I recently took a picture of our son cooking with his dad, which Is a whole new story)

Cooking has become a need to fill a tummy rather then an enjoyable experience,

 I've recently read about rickets  coming back and comments such as a cheap pizza is the same price as an apple so there's no excuse, and the possible government policy of getting rid of school dinners..
(This isn't political..  my only thing is please vote:.  Draw a dick on it, vote for an unknown, vote labour; (just not the other one!) just please use your vote it's your right that many don't have! So please use it)

The one comment that annoys me is 'can't feed don't breed'  so us..  we could afford all the kids when we started we never claimed anything, now we do, so which children should I not have had 'just in case? '  We've always fed anyone who appeared hungry or not.. so where does that stand?

All children deserve a full tummy, irrespective of parents income or ability or political status they all deserve a the same opportunities.. and a full tummy shouldn't be an opportunity, it should be a right that we all should feel obliged to fulfil..  children are our future and if we can't invest in them we are f**ked!

Anyway.. that's an annoyance!

So eating in here is an experience..

Yes an apple is cheaper than a pizza...but a pizza will fill a tummy for  the night..  and if your looking for full tums there's no comparisons..

I am luckily enough to know of projects such as the junk food project..  whom are about 'feed bellies not bins' and I get it.. I've volunteered before as have my kids, but lots aren't so lucky.. for the food boxes we need to go back on the waiting list, and it's incredibly hard to explain it to people of a different language without the home tongue,  but these are the families that need it. But the storage is still an issue.

Another reality is cooking with kids..  how do you cook with a child, when your room is away from the kitchen?   Do you cook with one hand? (Lots do)  I've had the prvaliage of holding babies while mom cooks:  do you leave them in the room? Do you leave them in the corridor??   Have a think...  what would you do? There's no playpen.. one kitchen, two floors away from me..  put yourself in these mums situations.. (I'm ok.. there's lots of us.  But lots are on their own)

There's one four ring hob and a single shelved oven:.   We can cook now I've got my head around it.. it's not easy we are feeding 8 mouths.. but we can do it!

We have worked out meals to have in a kettle.. we can do noodles, fresh pastas, mash, hot dog sausages, we can heat up tins.. we are good!!

We met a man the other day (came to borrow the dust pan and brush) he had the same attitude as us so there's lots of hope out there!!


As I've said before I don't know the answers to many questions but surely with so many people there should be a way to find the answers.. please share hopefully with enough people asking the same questions we can come through to find the answers




No comments:

Post a Comment