Saturday 8 July 2017

pets, worms and someone thought salt was a good idea!

We are constantly on the look out for new things to do with the children, especially as we are conscious that their education is firmly on our shoulders..

So this week, we've done the obvious play dough, paint, collage and added on cornflour.. always a hit with our kids, also a hit with the neighbours! 

And we tried salt...
 
it was an amazing resource for mark making

 
and the children (including the big ones) loved it..
 
but cleaning it up, oh my word!!  I think its something to use in the garden!
 
 
 
we've used chalk in the garden.. much easier to clean!
 
 
We've been incredibly blessed with the amount of kindness we have been shown through this journey.  I will always be grateful to the people who have helped us.  Some have listened to me moan, offered me coffee out over and over, not giving up when I haven't gone. Some have appeared with alcohol (always a good friend!). people have washed for us, turned up with food, just said kind words (which always make me cry). My sister-in-law and her husband have been a rock and god-send!
 
Then we have the people who have taken on our pets.. a new type of person!  They have made this journey so much easier, for the children as well as us. We lost our beloved dog, bud, before we were evicted which, it may sound odd, I am pleased about.  I, for one still miss him everyday, but he never had to leave the house he loved.  As for the others..  our other dog, went to my mom, we don't have an amazing relationship, but when I asked, she helped, she will keep him as, he now has her dog as a friend and I wouldn't upset him again. The cats, went to an amazing lady who runs a cat sanctuary, she's stayed in touch and kept poppy the oldest cat for a while, but managed to re-home the other three together. The others.. the ducks went to a friend until her grass was re-turfed now they are at the primary school where the older kids went. Another friend took on the rats, snake and bearded dragon..  she amazes me! and I'm pretty sure she amazed herself when she had to feed them! lol!!!   Another took in our rabbit, and a lot of our stuff..  we are still collecting stuff! We will be eternally grateful for her having shark and her yes attitude, shes been a rock and I don't know what we would have done without her. xx  This is where people really show how kind they are.  I asked on face book for a new foster home for shark the rabbit and one appeared immediately, I've met this person over face book but she's always giving advice and listening to me moan.. I've paid the others partly in advance with BBQ's babysitting and alcohol over a few years.. pmsl! we've never met this lady and she still offered!    I love you all and will at some stage buy the alcohol 


 
Shark in her new foster home with Frankie the dog
 
 
 
and Bud cause he's my baby and I can!
 
 
Now for worms...
 
We went to the Summerfield Community Garden, its a beautiful resource and now I know where it is we will go again, to make a wormery.  A lovely lady called Anna showed us what to do.. the girls loved it! They had their hands in the manure within seconds.. (I wouldn't want to distract from their fun by doing it for them!)
We will keep you informed on how they are doing.. I'm hoping they wont be called pets,  the way all the neighbours kids have had a look I think they are gaining names!
 
The Wormery lady and info can be found at www.theurbanworm.co.uk  it was interesting and the kids loved it! (and it was free!) 
 
 
putting the manure in the tub

 
mooching with the rabbits.. 
 
I actually felt today we were doing ok with this home education thing..  she talked to different people about food chains and bees, she showed the confidence I was concerned she wouldn't have without school. Whereas the small one has never been anywhere and talks to anyone!

 
it was hard work making the wormery..  held onto her basil plant though!
 

 
passed this on the way home so had a discussion about the coat of arms,  on the to-to list is to find some info about what the building used to be!
 
 
a light note to end on..
 
 
a water fight with the neighbours

 
my nice clean floor......


No comments:

Post a Comment